Sunday, November 3, 2013

India, India
the whole day through (the whole day through)
Just an old sweet song
Keeps India on my mind (India on my mind)

Obviously you can tell from what I've just said that India has really been on my mind lately.
I just came to a realization this evening while resting on the couch about one aspect of the trip that I enjoyed more than most parts, and that was my personal experience with the orphanage I visited and stayed in.

I may have said this in some of my earlier posts on here, but I honestly didn't look and I can't really remember, but visiting that orphanage (and of course India itself) made me feel really at home.

Although the orphanage I visited was not the orphanage that I was born in and resided in for the first 8 months of my life, I felt like that that was where my journey began. Kind of like a mega flashback in a sense.

It provoked some feelings of excitement, and yes, of course, some feelings of sadness.
But it also provoked, unusually enough, some feelings of fear.
I was worried that I might end up back in India, back in an orphanage with no family.
I can remember thinking to myself "What if Dad leaves me here?" 

But of course, all was solidified when we boarded our plane back home.
Happy and relieved, I breathed a sigh of relief knowing that I would see my family again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment